Monday, February 20, 2012

I Am a House of Gold and Riches

I am a house of gold and riches,
as beautiful as a swan
with a hundred room and a thousand windows
glowing brighter than the morning sun.

I am a house of gold and riches.
In every room a treasure.
Plates of silver and beds of gold
all for your comfort and pleasure.

I am a house of gold and riches.
None can compare to me!
I've diamonds and emeralds and rubies and more.
I'm beauty more than beauty can be.

I am a house of gold and riches.
Though I admit I have a few cracks.
But with beauty and awe and radiance and more,
I've so much that the other house lacks.

I am a house of gold and riches,
though a few of my rooms are stark.
But who doesn't have secrets, embarassing deeds,
things they wish kept in the dark?

I am a house of gold and riches.
So what of the rats in my wall?
I've set traps and poisons, anything I can,
so I'll soon be rid of them all.

I am a house of gold and riches.
My crubling foundation is fine.
I'm still standing, aren't I? And I will be tomorrow,
if you don't cross too rambunctious a line.

I am a house of gold and riches,
thought I've aged a few years since new.
So come in and adore all the beauty I hold,
but ignore that which seems so askew.

I am a house of gold and riches.
Pleasing an I to the eye.
Ignore those who tell you not to come in
and delight in my treasures so wry.

No comments:

Post a Comment